Saturday, January 2, 2010

Meet the President

For the past three years I have had the great privilege of studying at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary under the influence of its president, Dr. Akin. I never sat in his classroom or in his office for conversation, yet his leadership has greatly influenced me during my time in seminary.

If you asked me what I appreciate most about Dr. Akin it would be his challenge to the students to use everything given us to its fullest potential to bring God glory. This includes our minds. If you listen to him preach you will quickly hear his heart for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. After sitting under his leadership I feel better equipped to engage a skeptical world with the Gospel.

When you come across godly men like Dr. Akin, you realize you have much to learn from them. I read an interview C.J. Mahaney recently had with Dr. Akin which gives us an opportunity to do that. In this interview Mahaney asks questions that get to the heart of Dr. Akin's character. I hope as you read the interview you will be challenged to improve areas in your own walk with God.

0 comments: